At GIZA HOUSE, we are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. It is your personal data and we respect that.
We want you to be informed about how we use your data, how we keep it secure and your rights.
We will only keep your information for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
You can visit the Site and browse without having to provide personal details. During your visit to the Site you remain anonymous and at no time can we identify you unless you have an account on the Site and log on with your user name and password.
Ensuring the Lawful Use of Your Data
We will only use your personal data where we have a lawful basis to use it. We will only use your data where: (a) it is necessary for us to perform our contract with you (for example, to fulfill your order); or (b) it might reasonably be expected as part of running our business; and (c) it does not adversely impact your interests, rights or freedoms.
We may sometimes need to use data to comply with our legal obligations. One example is to provide details related to fraud to law enforcement agencies. In other instances, we will ask for your consent to use your data, for example, where you sign-up to receive our email newsletters.
Further details regarding our use of your personal information are provided below.
Section 1: What Information We Collect from You and How We Use It
Information we collect about you and how we will use it depends on how you interact with us. For example, you might place an order on our Website, contact us with a question by email or phone, make a purchase, or book an appointment in one of the stores that carry our products. The information discussed below provides some examples of the information we collect about you and how we will use it.
We will collect personal data needed to identify you, such as your name, username, password and date of birth. We will also collect your contact details, such as your email address, telephone number and billing/delivery address. We will use your information as detailed below.
To fulfill our contract with you:
- To fulfill your order, for example, by delivering your products to you or to contact you about your order where necessary
Legitimate business purposes:
- To allow you to create an account with us
- To communicate with you your order or booking, if you have asked a question or sent us a complaint
- To allow you to complete any surveys we send you (if you wish to), or to comment on or review our products or services, to help us improve them
- To support fraud prevention and detection
Where you consent:
- To send you email newsletters to keep you up-to-date about our products, services, and latest offers, which we think will interest you (only where you consent)
- To allow you to enter competitions, events, or prize draws run by us
We will use the information you provide when you contact us by telephone, by email, by post or on social media as detailed below.
Legitimate business purposes:
- To provide you with the support and customer service you have requested
Legitimate business purposes:
- To administer and to improve our Website, to ensure it is presented in the
- most effective manner for you and to give you the best Website experience and to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website if you choose to do so
- For data analysis, testing, research and statistical statistics to help us to improve our products and services
- To keep our Website safe and secure
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about products or services that may interest you or them
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we direct to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
We may gather additional information you choose to provide, including your hair color, eye color and skin tone. We will use this information as detailed below.
Legitimate business purposes:
- To assist us to provide you with a more personalized beauty experience
You do not have to give us any of the personal data discussed above. But, if you do not provide us with certain information, we may not be able to ship you with the goods and provide the services you have requested from us.
The forms you fill in on our Website will make it clear what information we need to provide the product or service you are requesting and what information you can decide whether to provide. To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your personal data, for example, your shopping history.
SECTION 2: SHARING YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES
The third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
SECTION 3: DISCLOSURE
We may be required by law to share your personal data with the police, administrative authorities or other enforcement, regulatory or Government bodies or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4: COOKIES
SECTION 5: PAYMENT
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Payment Gateway stores your credit card data only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
SECTION 6: Security
We have in place appropriate technical and security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful access to or accidental loss of or destruction or damage to your information. When we collect data through the Site, we collect your personal details on a secure server. We use firewalls on our servers. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you. You are responsible for protecting against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
SECTION 7: YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights regarding the personal information we hold about you to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you (commonly known as a “data subject access request”) including a copy of it;
- The correction of the personal information that we hold about you if it is not complete or accurate. But if you hold an account with us, you may be able to do this in certain cases yourself by visiting the Account Information page on our website
- The deletion or removal of personal data we hold about you where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- For our processing of your personal information to be restricted to certain circumstances, for example if you want to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it; and
- To obtain a copy of the personal information you have provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice.
We may ask you for proof of your identity before dealing with your request, as a security measure to protect your data.
Right to Object:
Where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interests, you can ask us to stop processing it. We must do so unless we believe we have an overriding legitimate reason to continue processing your personal data.
SECTION 8: CONTACTING US
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- By post at Customer Relation, GIZA HOUSE House # B/152, Road #22, Mohakhali DOHS.